This article explains how to install the Monitor client on macOS versions 10.13 (High Sierra) and 10.14 (Mojave). You will need to download and run an installer package, and (on Mojave) allow the Accessibility permission.
If you are installing on macOS 10.15 (Catalina) or later then please see this article instead.
- To download your installer, open the Smoothwall Product Download page and look for the Monitor Client section.
- Click the relevant version for your devices' operating system and region, and download it. Note: At the time of writing the files are called Visigo. The installer should be called "visigo-1.12.pkg".
- Double click the downloaded .pkg file.
- Enter the provided Organization ID and complete the installation.
Accessibility Permission Configuration
We now must give the Smoothwall Monitor Client accessibility permissions.
This is not required for macOS High Sierra. These instructions are correct at the time of writing. For further information, see the Apple macOS user guide topics in the Links section.
- Click the Apple menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- Click the Privacy tab, and then in the list, click Accessibility.
- Under the Allow the apps below to control your computer section, click the plus (+) and navigate to and open the VisigoAgent:
If this is grayed out, you might need to click the padlock and enter your administrator password.
Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Visigo > VisigoAgent >VisigoAgent
- Click Open.
- Make sure that the VisigoAgent appears selected in the list.
- Restart the device.
This device should now start sending data to the portal. You may need to refresh the portal page if it is already open.
- Download your installer, open the Smoothwall Product Download page and under the Monitor Client section
- Click the relevant version for your devices' operating system and region, and download it.
Note: At the time of writing, the client files are named "Visigo".
- Save the file to a shared network location.
- In the same network location, create a Plain Text file called visigo.settings, making sure that the filename does not have an extension eg .txt, .rtf, and add the following:
- Where your_orgID is the unique ID provided for your organization.
- Open the Terminal app and type the command: installer -pkg <filename> -target /
The client will now be installed, but accessibility permissions must still be set manually (see section above).