This article is for Safeguarding Contacts.
Monitor can send records to CPOMS to help you document child protection, pastoral care, and welfare issues.
Monitor Events with a Risk Level of 3 or higher by default will be added to the incident tray in CPOMS. Any CPOMs user with permission to view the “Smoothwall Category” can attach a Monitor incident to a student in CPOMS. Users with permission to the Smoothwall Category can also permanently delete the incident.
Before you start
Ensure you have both the following user roles:
- CPOMS: CPOMS Admin Key Holder with System Permissions to ‘Manage System’ and ‘Edit own settings’
- Monitor: Safeguarding Contact
1. Set up CPOMS
You can request an integration with Monitor from the CPOMS administrator settings.
- Sign in to CPOMS with your Key Holder administrator account.
- Go to Admin > Integrations in CPOMS.
- Select Smoothwall Monitor.
- Select the Integrate button.
2. Verify the Integration Status
The Monitor and CPOMS support teams will send you confirmations when their part of the integration is complete. When you have both confirmations, check that you see data from Monitor in CPOMS:.
- Sign in to CPOMS as a CPOMS administrator.
- Go to Admin > Integrations.
- Select Smoothwall Monitor.
- Check the status:
|The integration has not been set up. Complete the set up CPOMS steps.
|The integration has been set up and is pending configuration by Monitor support. Check back in a few hours or ask Monitor support for an update.
|The integration is active.
3. Verify the Monitor Events are Displayed
The final steps are to spot-check data in CPOMS and Monitor. Look for matching or missing data after your Monitor Integrations status is ACTIVE.
- In CPOMS, go to Admin > Categories > User Groups.
- Open the Incident Tray.
Find one or more incidents labelled “Smoothwall API”. Verify you see data from Monitor in the following fields:
- User name
- Date of the event
- Event Type (also referred to as Risk category)
- Risk level
- Moderator’s message
CPOMS does not make an exact match of Monitor data to students’ records. CPOMS administrators must check the identity of the student before assigning a Monitor Incident to a student in CPOMS.
- Open a new browser window and sign in to Monitor.
- Go to the Events page in Monitor and identify a few events with Risk Level 3 or above.
- Compare the Events in the Monitor window to the Incidents labelled with “Smoothwall API” in CPOMS window.
- If matching incidents and events are displayed, the integration is complete.
- If Monitor Events and CPOMS Incidents do not match, continue on to the Troubleshooting section.
I don’t see the Monitor Events in the CPOMS Incident Tray
You will only be able to view CPOMS Incidents for the CPOMS User Group categories you have permission to view.
- Enable the CPOMS Category Permissions for the following:
- View Students
- View Incidents
- Add Incidents
See the CPOMS User Group categories article for detailed instructions.
- If the CPOMS Category Permissions do not resolve the issue, continue to the next troubleshooting steps.
I’m not seeing the Monitor Events I want to see in CPOMS.
You should see all Monitor Events with a Risk Level of 3 or higher by default in CPOMS for any Alerting Profile where you are listed as the Safeguarding Contact. You can troubleshoot which Monitor Events are displayed in the CPOMS Incident Tray using the following steps.
- Log in to your Monitor portal at https://portal.smoothwall.cloud.
- Go to the Organisations page.
- Select Edit for to the right of an Organisation’s name.
- Select Alerting Profiles from the sidebar.
- Open one of your Alerting Profiles.
- Select Edit Alerting Profile and complete the following steps to resolve your issue:
|You don’t see any Monitor Events in CPOMS
|Verify you have enabled the permissions in CPOMS User Group Categories:
|You see too few Monitor Events in CPOMS
|You see too many unnecessary Monitor Events
|You don’t need certain types of Monitor Events in CPOMS
- When you’ve finished updating your Alerting Profile, select Update.