This article is for Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs) in the UK.
If your school uses Monitor, events are displayed in Record Manager without any additional set up. Record Manager helps DSLs record child protection issues and incidents electronically instead of in traditional daybooks or Child Protection files. You and other DSLs will see all Monitor Events with a Risk Level of 3 or higher by default for the groups they are responsible for.
Before you start
Ensure you have both the following user roles:
- Record Manager: DSL
- Monitor: Safeguarding Contact
Your school can enquire about adding Record Manager by submitting a request to our support team.
View Events in Record Manager
You can select which Monitor Events to include in a student’s chronology from the Record Manager interface.
- Log in to your Record Manager portal.
- In Record Manager > Dashboard > Smoothwall Monitor, select View Alerts.
- Review the information in the Alert column:
- You can add the Alert to the student's chronology by selecting Assign to Chronology.
- If you do not need the Alert, select Ignore Event.
I’m not seeing the Monitor Events I want to see in Record Manager.
You should see all Monitor Events with a Risk Level of 3 or higher by default in Record Manager for any Alerting Profile where you are listed as the Safeguarding contact. You can troubleshoot which Events are displayed in Record Manager:
- Go to your Monitor Portal.
- Go to the Organisations page.
- Select Edit for to the right of an Organisation’s name.
- Select Alerting Profiles from the sidebar.
- Open one of your Alerting Profiles.
- Select Edit Alerting Profile and complete the steps to resolve your issue:
|You don’t see any Monitor Events in Record Manager||
|You see too few Monitor Events in Record Manager||
|You see too many unnecessary Monitor Events||
|You don’t need certain types of Monitor Events in Record Manager||
- When you’ve finished updating your Alerting Profile, select Update.