This article is for Safeguarding contacts, Limited Safeguarding contacts, and Reporting contacts.
If you are not receiving email alerts for Monitor, use the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.
Emails are blocked by your spam filter
The tools that protect us from unwanted messages sometimes block your Monitor alert emails. We’ve included links to commonly used Microsoft and Google email functions. If you use a different email program, search their help for similar topics.
Search for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org in your Spam mailbox and:
Add email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book.
You can also:
Emails are blocked by your content filter
Some email alerts contain objectionable content blocked by content filtering. Ask your IT contact or filtering administrator to allow you to access all content from the following domains without filtering:
|UK, Australia, and New Zealand||US|
Email alerts do not contain your email address
Your email might not be added to all of the Alerting profiles you want to get alert notifications for.
- After you login, go to Organisations, click Edit beside your organisation name.
- Select Alerting profiles from the menu.
- Click on an Alerting Profile.
- If you need to receive email alerts for this Target Age Range and Target Groups, click Edit Alerting Profile.
- Add your email to the Safeguarding Contacts.
- Click Update in the bottom right hand corner.
If you do not need to receive emails for an alert, click on the next Alerting Profile until you find the profiles you need alerts for. You can also create a new Alerting Profile, if none of the existing profiles fit your needs.
Your user type is incorrect
You see if you were added in the wrong role (user type).
Reporting contacts will only see the Dashboard tab. IT contacts can view all items in the menu, but can only edit IT contacts.
To be given a Safeguarding or Limited Safeguarding contact role, ask one of your existing Safeguarding contacts, Monitor Admins or your Site Admin to add you to the Safeguarding or Limited Safeguarding contacts.
Monitor alerts contain sensitive, confidential information and are not available to Reporting contacts or IT contacts.
Your email address is incorrect
- After you log in, click Edit beside your Organisation name.
- Verify your email appears correctly in the Safeguarding contact or Limited Safeguarding contact menu.
- If your email is incorrect, click the three-dot menu at the top right-side of your name and edit your email address.
- Click Save when done.