This article is for Safeguarding contacts.
Alerting Profiles are customisable profiles used for reporting on Groups. You can specify different alert types and email alert levels.
Safeguarding Contacts can create and customise alerting profiles for different groups of users. Alerting Profiles are linked with a Group so that any alerts raised for any user within that group trigger an email to the appropriate contacts.
Before you start, ensure you have:
- Synced your Azure AD, Google Directory or Windows AD with Monitor.
- Created one or more Groups.
- Created at least one Safeguarding Contact, Limited Safeguard Contact (optional), and at least one IT Contact.
Creating Alerting Profiles
Users who don’t fit an Alerting Profile will be picked up by the default profile which will be sent to the main Safeguarding Contact.
- Go to your Monitor Portal home page.
Monitor - UK, Australia, New Zealand
Monitor - US
- Select Edit for your required Organisation.
- Select Alerting Profiles from the sidebar.
- Select Create New Alerting Profile.
- Enter a Name and Description.
The Name and Description can be edited after the profile is saved.
- Select a Target Age Range using the dropdown. This helps the Moderation of the reporting. You can select from Young Child (4-10), Older Child (11-16), Young Adult (17-18) and Adult (18+).
- Select a Target Group. These are the Groups created within your directory. You can select more than one group.
- Select the Safeguarding Contacts that will receive the alerts and reports. You can select both
- Safeguarding Contacts (indicated by S) and Limited Safeguarding Contacts (indicated by LS).
- Select the Email Alert Level for each of the Event Types.
You can select from N/A, Level 1+, Level 2+, Level 3+, Level 4+ and Level 5.
These levels don’t change and are set by the Moderation team. The Moderation team will still be reviewing, reporting and calling as needed. Safeguarding Contacts can see these alerts in the Portal.
- Select Create.